The FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships Austria 2017 will see the best teams from around the world in action. A total of 48 teams qualified for both the men’s and women’s events.
||3 (One Wild Card to the organisers; Two to the FIVB)
|Host Country Guaranteed
||20 (Four per Confederation)
|FIVB Entry Ranking
The qualification procedure for the four vacancies per gender and per confederation is as follows:
Asian Volleyball Confederation (AVC)
- The AVC Beach Tour will be staged as of the 1st of December 2016 till the 14th of May 2017, and will be used to qualify the 4 vacancies per gender.
- The AVC NF Ranking will be adopted to qualify the NFs. For each qualification event, a maximum of 2 NF teams per gender may participate (except for the host), and the results will be allocated to NF1 and NF2 from each event, to establish the AVC NF Ranking.
- AVC will limit the qualification of maximum 2 teams per NFs (per gender) through the Continental Qualification.
African Volleyball Confederation (CAVB)
- Qualification is open to all 53 African Countries, each one in its own zone. So, the qualification will take place in two phases.
- The first phase, will be a zonal phase where each zone will organize its own qualifications.
- A total of 24 NFs will qualify to the FINALS (African Nations Cup) as follows; 4 NFs (2 NFs from each of zones 1&7), 20 NFs (4 from each of FIVE zones 2-3-4-5-6).
- The second phase will be the 2nd Edition of the CAVB African Nations Cup. The African Cup will be divided into two regional groups. Each group will have a total of 12 teams/NFs. 1st & 2nd places of each pool will play for the SFs and will qualify directly to the FIVB 2017 Beach Volleyball World Championships.
Eurpean Volleyaball Confederation (CEV)
- Up to four (4) CEV Masters events will be awarding the NF of the winning teams with a spot to the 2017 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships.
- The 2016 Jurmala Masters plus up to 3 additional Masters events will be organized at the latest by May 28, 2017.
- In Case less than 3 CEV Masters events are organised, the spots will be allocated according to the CEV team entry ranking as of May 28, 2017.
South American Volleyball Confederation (CSV)
- Each NF will get maximum 1 team qualified per gender. CSV NF Ranking will be adopted to qualify the NFs to the WCHs.
- The four (4) best countries through the sum of the seasons 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 will be qualified for the 2017 World Championship.
- The exact period is from February 2016 until -61 days before the start of the WCHs (which is the 28th May 2017).
- The teams will qualify through the CSV Continental NF Ranking.
- Among the 4 qualified countries, CSV will adopt the following criteria (possible scenarios) as follows:
- 1 country (team) qualified by CSV and 0 by World Ranking - The 2 players must appear on the top 4 in the National Federation Ranking (from the country qualified)
- 1 country (team) qualified by CSV and 1 by World Ranking - The 2 players must appear on the top 6 in the National Federation Ranking
- 1 country (team) qualified by CSV and 2 by World Ranking - The 2 players must appear on the top 8 in the National Federation Ranking
- 1 country (team) qualified by CSV and 3 by World Ranking - The 2 players must appear on the top 10 in the National Federation Ranking
- Should the team faile to comply with the above criteria, the quota obtained by this NF will be allocated to the next NF, as per the CSV Continental NF Ranking and criteria
Northe, Central American and Caribbean Confederation (NORCECA)
- The NORCECA Continental Beach Volleyball Tour will be the Qualification Event for the four (4) vacancies available.
- NORCECA Continental Beach Volleyball Tour will be extended until the 30th of April 2017, so will be from the 1st of January 2016 till the 30th of April 2017.
- NORCECA NF/countries that are able to qualify one (1), two (2), or three (3) teams through the FIVB World Tour Ranking, have the right to qualify, according to the NORCECA Continental Tour Ranking points results as of the 30th of April 2017, one (1) additional vacancy (team).
In regards to the maximum quota of 4 teams per gender, kindly note that FIVB Entry Ranking will have priority over the Continental Qualification path (of each Confederation).