Halong, Vietnam, May 7, 2017- Yue Yuan/Wang Fan of China were crowned the winners of the AVC Women’s Beach Volleyball Tour Tuan Chan 2017 event in Vietnam following a dramatic 2-1 (21-17, 20-22, 15-10) victory over Tatyana Mashkova/Bakhtygul Samalikova of Kazakhstan in Sunday's final showdown.
The Chinese duo earlier showed their superb form to capture the Pak Bara Master in Satun, Thailand and were runners-up at the Asian Championships in Songkhla, Thailand. The Chinese duo also claimed silver at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour Xiamen Open 2017 at home before finishing a disappointing 7th place at Can Tho Open Women's Beach Tour last week.Quick links - Beach volleyball:
FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships 2017FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour 2017Rio 2016 Olympic Games - Beach VolleyballFIVB.com - Beach VolleyballLatest VideosFacebookTwitterInstagramMedia Guides
Wang and Xue, who had a comfortable straight-set win over Jessyka Ngauamo/Artacho del Solar from Australia in the semifinals, continued their form in the final showdown. They started strongly with powerful serves and attacks to take the opening set 21-17.
However, the Kazakhs, fresh from winning the Can Tho Open Women's Beach Tour title last week, did not give up easily as they clawed their way back to seal the hard-fought second set 22-20.
In the deciding set, both teams poured everything they had into the set in an attempt to clinch the crown, but Wang and Xue were able to control the game well and perform much better in key points, taking the third set 15-10 and the championship.
In the bronze medal match, Wills Kelsie/Polley Shaunna of New Zealand overcame a tough challenge to defeat Jessyka Ngauamo/Artacho del Solar from Australia in straight set 3-0 (25-23, 21-14) in 37 minutes.
This year, the four-day tournament attracted 23 participating teams from 12 countries including China, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vanuatu, New Zealand, Singapore, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Vietnam.
After the completion of the women's events on the AVC Beach Tour, China, Australia, Kazakhstan and Thailand have qualified to represent Asia at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships in Vienna, Austria, in July. AVC Women’s Beach Volleyball Tour Tuan Chan 2017 - Final ranking
1. Yue Yuan/Wang Fan (China 1)
2. Tatyana Mashkova/Bakhtygul Samalikova (Kazakhstan)
3. Wills Kelsie/Polley Shaunna (New Zealand 2)
4. Jessyka Ngauamo/Artacho del Solar (Australia 2)
5. Takemi Nishibori/Marie Wada (Japan 2)
6. Julia Tilley/Alice Bain (New Zealand 1)
7. Rumpaipruet Numwong/Khanittha Hongpak (Thailand 2)
8. Varapatsorn Radarong/Tanarattha Udomchavee (Thailand 1)
9. Wang Xinxin/Xue Chen (China 2)
10. Wing Tung/C.Y. Kong (Hong Kong 2)
11. Ng Tin Lai/Wong Yeun Mei (Hong Kong 1)
12. Ratnasari Desi/Eka Yokobed (Indonesia 2)
13. Juliana Dhita/Diini Utami Putu (Indonesia 1)
14. Matauata Linline/Joe Loti (Vanuatu)
15. Nguyen Thi Diem Trinh/Truong Thi Moc Nhat (Vietnam 3)
16. Thi Thu Van/Le Thi Bich Vi (Vietnam 1)
17. Sayaka Mizoe/Suzuka Hashimoto (Japan 1)
18. Aishuria/Chou Hwa(Malaysia)
19. Shu Woon/Elaine L(Malaysia)
20. Chong Hui Hui Eliza/Lee Gladys (Singapore)
21. Y.T.R. Lau/W.Y.Ong(Singapore)
22. Mai Thi Hoa/Tran Cam Thi (Vietnam 2)